Lunes, Marso 4, 2013

My New Love - Nars Gina Blush

My New Love - Nars Gina Blush


Hey guys!
 Now that the Summer makes a bit of an appearance (if you 're from London you know exactly what I mean) I decided to switch my contour powder with a coral blush. My favourite is Nars Gina which I bought almost 2 years ago, and it is still my only and favourite coral blush!


Gina is best described as a soft orange by most blogger. In the pictures below I've obviously gone in with a heavier hand for the colour to show up on camera, but from the swatch above you can see it's a soft coral colour. Nars blushers are probably my favourite highend blushers because their pigmentation is crazy amazing, and lasting power is fantastic too. I find that Mac blushers disappear at the end of the day which can be tres annoying. This blusher is a matte finish, which I prefer because shimmer can make you look like a disco ball, and you honestly have to use the smallest amount on your blusher brush - one tap is good enough for both cheeks. I love the powder texture because it's thin and almost like a satin finish which makes it blend in so well. Nars blushers cost around £21.50 BUT they last forever. I've had this one for 2 years now and I haven't hit pan because you use the tiniest amount!

I've applied this blusher to the apples of my cheeks and then contoured upwards to the top parts of my ears. As mention before, I did go in with a heavier hand because it was not showing up on camera and now I feel like it shows up too much - you can never win! I really love the colour because it's warm and it definitely suits warmer skintones. It just makes me look very fresh faced and I always get complimented on it. I rarely wear blusher because I'm not a fan of applying colour to your cheeks. I usually wear colour on my lips or eyes, so I keep my cheeks bare. But, when wearing colour on my cheeks I try to avoid anything on my lips or stick to a neutral lippy to tone the look down. Peach and corals are great colours to rock in the warmer seasons because it kind-of makes you look like you have tanned a bit, and it gives you that glowing effect. This blusher lasts forever, I apply it in the morning and then at night time when I remove my makeup - it's all still there no matter how many times I touch my face. I'm a huge fan of Nars blush - but not so much the price tag =/
What's your favourite coral blusher?

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento